Me :3

My photo
A Chinese girl, who is usually mistaken for another race, living in a small peaceful country, Brunei. I can be very patriotic at time and despite the absence of nightlife in the country, I love our Brunei to bits! Keep reading my blogs if you wanna keep up with me and life! x P.S. I like reading food labels and their nutrition facts.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Change In My Life: If Only I Did Not Do It

I remember that day so vividly. It was during year- end school holiday and I was only in Year Nine that time. Haruhi was my best friend ever since pre- school. We would do everything together. Telling each other secrets that we would never tell anyone else.

I am older than Haruhi by 6 months. She was half a foot shorter than me. However, she had the most beautiful silky hair than any other students' I had ever seen. Her hair was dark brown in colour and she had lovely hazel coloured eyes. She lived half a kilometre away from my house so we would occasionally go to each others house to have fun.

It was Sunday morning when mother and father got a phone call from the company they are working in to gather for an emergency meeting to discuss about the problems of the company's stock market. They left me at home, trusting that I would behave myself. Mother said that I could invite Haruhi over to accompany me. So I did and Haruhi said she would be here as soon as she got dressed up.

Haruhi arrived fifteen- minutes later wearing a dirty green tank top with a black baggy cargo pants. She always looked so casual yet so lovely and sweet like a candy store in anything. Everyone loved her. I invited her into the house and played Monopoly. We eventually got bored with the game and stop playing. That was when everything started. I suggested that we took a drive and head downtown to the a mall. However, Haruhi was worried since I did not have my driving licence yet. I was only 14 years old. However, I managed to convince her to go on a ride with me by saying that I had practiced driving several times already.

I started the engine and drove down the drive way. I drove a little too fast without realising. In addition, I drove with an increasingly constant acceleration and caught up with a lorry carrying a bunch of logs. It stopped suddenly and I was not able to step on the brake in time. We crashed into the back of the lorry and logs from it fell off and landed on top of our car. The car was squashed and we were trapped inside .

I turned my head to check whether Haruhi was alright but she was bleeding and looked as if a fish was out on a shore. She tried grasping for air. When I looked closely, a broken piece of the windscreen had pierced through her shoulder and a few fragments were stuck onto her neck. For the last time, she turned her head to face me and gave me her sweetest smile ever.

The ambulance arrived a few minutes later, someone must had called them. The paramedics took us out slowly and carefully. My legs hurt. Apparently, I had broke them but Haruhi was in a more critical condition. When the ambulance arrived at the hospital, I was rushed straight to the emergency room. I did not know what happened to Haruhi until the next day when I asked mother. She said that Haruhi did not make it. She had died on the way to the hospital due to lack of oxygen because her lungs ruptured.

I cried that whole week and could not sleep nor had the appetite to eat for months. I lost my best friend due to my foolishness. Until now, I could not forgive myself of what had happened.


*This is an essay I wrote for my English class dated on 13th March 2008. This story not true.*

Lesson of the day- I know you kids out there are naughty and want to try out something new. However, if you break the law, you have to prepare to face the consequences.
NOTHING IS FREE. Believe me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holee molee i though tat was real true story my heart was beating so fast n scared till i read the end lol >< wat a relieve

Ziaowei said...

hahaah cool~